Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
How to Declare
- If you would like to talk to a professor for advising first, please see our faculty page and come to the open office hours for any listed professor.
- Visit the WGS office, HEN 315, and pick up our Major/Minor Declaration Form (it is on the wall outside the office door). Fill out the top portion and return to any of the office staff.
- Look for a confirmation email in your uoregon account and for the minor requirements to appear on your degree audit in DuckWeb.
Students must apply for the WGS or QS minor in the Women’s & Gender Studies office well in advance of graduation for transcript evaluation. In order to be eligible for the minor, students must complete all degree requirements and a major in another academic department.
|WGS 101||Women, Difference, and Power||4|
|Approved courses with the WGS subject code||8|
|Approved upper-division courses with WGS or other subject code||12|
- Minor candidates are strongly urged to take History and Development of Feminist Theory (WGS 315).
- No more than 6 credits of Reading and Conference (WGS 405) and Practicum (WGS 409) may be counted toward the minor.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken pass/no pass. All graded courses in the minor must be completed with grades of C- or higher.
- No more than 8 credits may count toward both the minor and the student’s major.
- At least 16 credits applied to the Women’s & Gender Studies minor must be taken at the University of Oregon.