Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
Students must apply for the WGS or QS minor in the Women’s & Gender Studies office well in advance of graduation for transcript evaluation. In order to be eligible for the minor, students must complete all degree requirements and a major in another academic department.
|WGS 101||Women, Difference, and Power||4|
|Upper-division WGS courses||8|
|WGS or other subject code (8 credits can be lower-division)||12|
- Minor candidates are strongly urged to take History and Development of Feminist Theory (WGS 315).
- No more than 6 credits of Reading and Conference (WGS 405) and Practicum (WGS 409) may be counted toward the minor.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken pass/no pass. All graded courses in the minor must be completed with grades of C- or higher.
- No more than 8 credits may count toward both the minor and the student’s major.
- At least 16 credits applied to the Women’s & Gender Studies minor must be taken at the University of Oregon.