Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor
Students must apply for the WGS or QS minor in the Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies office well in advance of graduation for transcript evaluation. In order to be eligible for the minor, students must complete all degree requirements and a major in another academic department.
|WGS 101||Women, Difference, and Power||4|
|Upper-division WGS courses||8|
|WGS or other subject code (8 credits can be lower-division)||12|
- Minor candidates are strongly urged to take History and Development of Feminist Theory (WGS 315).
- No more than 6 credits of Reading and Conference (WGS 405) and Practicum (WGS 409) may be counted toward the minor.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken pass/no pass. All graded courses in the minor must be completed with grades of C- or higher.
- No more than 8 credits may count toward both the minor and the student’s major.
- At least 16 credits applied to the Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor must be taken at the University of Oregon.