Use the links at the right side of the page to navigate through sections in Undergraduate Studies.
Update: Students majoring or minoring in WGSS or minoring in Queer Studies can work with professional College and Career Advisors who can help you explore your interests, schedule your classes, plan for graduation, discuss career interests, and more in UO’s new advising center, Tykeson Hall, located on 13th Avenue, between Johnson and Chapman Halls.
You can schedule appointments with our Tykeson College and Career Advising team via the EAB Navigate app available in the App Store or Google Play.
If you have a general question, you may also contact the WGSS office.
How to get an appointment with a WGSS professor
All professors are available to students during their open office hours, which can be found under their section on the people page.
You may always request appointments with your advisor/professor outside of their designated office hours. These appointments will be given at the discretion of the professor. To make such an appointment, please use the people page to contact the professor directly via email or phone.
The current WGSS departmental advisor is Jamie Bufalino. Her office hours and contact information are listed on the people page.
The office staff does not make appointments on behalf of professors. If you contact the office trying to make an appointment with a professor, staff will redirect you to their email or phone number.
Declaring a WGSS major or minor or QST minor
Please follow these steps:
- Download a Major-Minor Add/Drop Form (or grab one from the wall just outside the main door of Hendricks 315). Fill out the top portion and return to any of the office staff.
- Look for the degree requirements to appear on your Degree Guide in DuckWeb in about one week.
Forms and Documentation
We have a few forms created to help you on your way. Click the forms link at right to find what you need to:
- Declare a major or minor
- Keep track of your completed and future classes in a nice checklist format
- RSVP for Commencement ceremony
- Enroll in independent study (research, reading, thesis writing, practicum/internship)
- Send us updates on your journeys after WGSS!