Use the links at the right side of the page to navigate through sections in Undergraduate Studies.
Declaring a WGS major or minor or QST minor
Please follow these steps:
- If you would like to talk to a professor for advising first, please see our faculty page and come to the open office hours for any listed professor.
- Download a Major-Minor Add/Drop Form (or grab one from the wall just outside the main door of Hendricks 315). Fill out the top portion and return to any of the office staff.
- Look for a confirmation email in your UOregon account and for the major requirements to appear on your degree audit in DuckWeb.
Seeking advising? All WGS professors perform advising duties. When you add a major or minor, office staff will assign you to a professor based on current advising loads. If you are not sure who your assigned advisor is, please contact the office at 541-346-5529 or email@example.com.
If you have a general or minor question, you may also contact the office at the information above as a first point of contact.
How to get an advising appointment
Most professors provide advising to students during their open office hours, which can be found under their section on the people page. You are welcome to visit any professor during their open office hours.
You may always request appointments with your advisor/professor outside of their designated office hours. These appointments will be given at the discretion of the professor. To make such an appointment, please use the people page to contact the professor directly via email or phone.
The office staff does not make appointments on behalf of professors. If you contact the office trying to make an appointment with a professor, staff will redirect you to their email or phone number.
Forms and Documentation
We have a few forms created to help you on your way. Click the forms link at right to find what you need to:
- Declare a major or minor
- Keep track of your completed and future classes in a nice checklist format
- RSVP for Commencement ceremony
- Enroll in independent study (research, reading, thesis writing, practicum/internship)
- Send us updates on your journeys after WGS!